Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I Took a Walk Today [v2]

I took a walk today down by the canal, in sunshine along the rails
I tight-roped the tracks and timed the ties to step along the day.
I took a walk today, by my magnificent river, up and down the city hills,
I reason an excuse for rolling fields, for locusts, cattle, sycamores and parks.
I took a walk today to open up my spirit, to give me time.
Time to fly, time to recognize my ignorance,
Time to open myself up to all my possibilities,
Time to stop thinking of them and every detail in between.
I love where I am because it is where I am.
I love to watch, to look, to have this Earth around me.
I love to walk in sunshine, rain, fog and storm.
I love to be with those I love.
I love to challenge myself.
I love to be happy when I'm finished even though I fail.
I went for a walk today and the sun shone down, the Earth shone up and
I shone in between, all one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Wacky Am I

And now wacky am I, I thank you, mother, for the days I take no pill; the oak table that folds upon itself, a hinge, a turn, a hidden b...